Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Update

     I really have trouble keeping up with any project I start, and this blog is proof of that. In order to take an actual shot at keeping up with this and enjoy myself in the process I think I'm going to start offering a weekend update-a Sunday evening post. Hopefully I keep it going.

1.Sunday school started today and I got my first look at my class. I teach ages 2 1/2 through 5 1/2, but it looks like only six kids this year. They seem a good group-I'm excited!

2. We have been having awkward weather recently, it's been fall or winter in the morning and summer in the afternoon, followed by fall in the evening. Keeping extra sweaters and pants around for the ninja is harder than I thought and she hates it. She loves the cold and gets angry when I try to cover her up. I wish the temperature would stabilize a bit.

3. We are moving! It's just from one area of our state to another- about a half hour drive, but it's far enough that life will improve a bit. Public transport! Wood floors! No stairs! I've been at the house almost every day with the mister and the ninja cleaning and bringing boxes. Official move day countdown is t-3 weeks!

4. The ninja has a favorite bishop. We have had the honor of hosting Vladyka Jonah at our church for many services for months now, and we have even personally had him over for supper several times. Ninja baby has become quite attached to him.  She recently saw another bishop visiting our church and continually pointed to him saying "Nope mama! Nope Nope!". Vladyka Jonah seems tickled though.

5. I am stuck in a meal rut and feel too tired to be creative, too hungry to plan ahead, and too bored of our meals to do much but complain. Any good vegan crockpot meals? It's what I really need to spice things up a bit and have a wednesday/Friday off from "Random probably sautéed in slightly too much oil vegetable served with pasta" that we have been eating. Even the mister-who thinks I make what Jesus eats in heaven-is getting a little tired of it.

6. I want to live in the magical land where it is fall year round and I wear nothing but just-below-the-knee length skirts, nursing cami's(or regular ones, one day I guess), knee socks, and cardigans. I have never felt so comfy while I looked this put together! It's nice to have a fall back outfit that looks nice but I can clean and crawl on the floor in.

     Well there you have it, my first weekend update. Hopefully I get another post up before next Sunday. If not, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment